Daily Activities
Thursday 8:30-11:30 AM:
Today I met with Diane at 8:30. When I arrived there was already a patient receiving electrical stimulations on her knee. After the Stim. she then moved on to some light stretching on a board. Our next patient, Mr. Brewster arrived shortly after and I was really excited to see him. I met Mr. Brewster last week when he came in and I was excited to work with him again. He started off with some hamstring stretches that were really tight and then received some Stim. on his back and hip. Next, I helped Diane with some work around the office by folding towels that had just been washed and putting them away. While I was doing this, our next patient arrived. She was coming in for an evaluation on her shoulder. When Diane briefed me about her injury I was excited to put what I had researched about the shoulder to the test. Diane examined her and with the information she received about her pain and mobility gave her some exercises to help her build strength in the shoulders. Next she did some ultra sound on her Deltoid muscle and then put some electrical stimulation on the shoulder joint to hopefully remove any swelling that could be there. Our final patient of the day was a woman who had been having some back and neck pain. She had called in the day before to schedule an appointment as soon as possible because she was in so much pain. Diane examined her back, feeling around her spinal cord to see if there was anything out of place. She explained to me that sometimes when the muscles are so tight they tend to pull towards one side and may cause the spine to move more in one direction. Diane massaged the patients back to try and loosen up the muscle, did some ultra sound and then put some electrical stimulation on it as well. After she was done Diane showed her some stretches that she should practice at home as well as some core workouts to help strengthen her core and hopefully prevent muscle imbalance. After this Diane did not have any patients scheduled until 12:30 so we went off to lunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment