
Wednesday 8:30 AM-11:30 AM:
Today was the third day of Senior Project and Hunter and I had a chance to do something a little different. Instead of going into Ragged Mountain today Hunter and I got together around 8:30 this morning to work on the assignments given to us the day before. I was really interested in studying the knee joint since I hadn’t had the chance to study joints in debt in my anatomy and physiology class. So, when Hunter and I got together we got started on researching all the ligaments that come together to help a knee joint function properly. We looked all of their names, and functions up so that we could study them and be able to present the information we obtained to Diane tomorrow. Today wasn’t as hands on as I would have liked it to be but learning this type of information is vital and it is actually very interesting. I look forward to presenting the information I learned today as well as learning more about different aspects of the human body.
Thanks for adding the diagram. I'm curious, do you happen to know what ligament often gives athletes the most trouble? Christina D.
ReplyDeleteThe ligament that gives athletes the most trouble is the ACL or the anterior crucuate ligament. In athletes it is the one that is most often torn. After doing some research on it, I spoke to Diane regarding this question and she agreed with me. As a physical therapist she has seen more athletes with torn ACL's. However, the most common injury occurring in the knee does not have anything to do with the ligaments or the ACL but with the Patella. Patella Tendonitis occurs when there is a muscle imbalance in the Quads causing the Patella to be pulled in one direction more than the other. This then causes the Patella to track differently and cause pain.
ReplyDeleteHope this answers your question!