Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Activities

 

Tuesday 12:00-2:30 PM:

 

I met with Diane and Hunter at Ragged Mountain Physical Therapy around 12:00 this afternoon. Our first patient arrived shortly after so we didn’t have much time to waste. It was a man who was suffering from bilateral shoulder pain and some neck pain. The pain he was experiencing was hard to diagnose since it wasn’t set off by anything like an impact, crash, or injury. To start off Diane did some ultra sound on the back of his neck and then massaged it to loosen up the muscles.  Then she put some electrical stimulation on his neck while I got the chance to ultra sound his shoulder. I was really excited about this part since I had never done it before and although I was nervous I thought I did a pretty good job. Next Diane gave us the opportunity to choose what joint we would want to study for our last week of senior project. After looking through all the joints we narrowed our choices down to the elbow joint and a combination of joints in the hand. We came to a conclusion and decided that we would study the elbow joint. Tomorrow Hunter and I will start our research and present the information to Diane on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment